Thursday, March 25, 2021

Sexy movies

 Recently, I watched a movie on Prime video and felt appalled by the blatant sex scenes, nudity and profanity.

            I never considered myself a prude but I couldn’t believe how the actors allowed themselves to be photographed a la inflagrante and to indulge in graphic sex for the camera. They also spiced up their dialogue with copious expletives. The screen writers used wicked prose as nouns, verbs, adjectives and anywhere else  they fancied. I’ve always thought that if you have to resort to profanity then you exhibit a very limited vocabulary.

            I remember the movie “Giant” when married Rock Hudson and Elizabeth Taylor had an argument, he went into the spare bedroom and threw his hat on the bed. Elizabeth tried to coax him back to their bed while he stood in the doorway grumbling. The camera focused on his hat in the spare room as music played and the window went from night to sunrise and his hat remained on the undisturbed spare bed. You didn’t have to have it graphically spelled out. You knew.

One of the sexiest movie scenes I’ve seen was Burt Lancaster and Deborah Kerr kissing on the beach as the surf rolled over them. Sid Caesar and Imogene Coca did a parody of that famous “From Here to Eternity” scene. They sat on the beach as someone threw buckets of water on them. So funny!

Call me an old fogey; it’s ok. I am old. I’m entitled.


 


No comments:

Post a Comment