Friday, March 8, 2019

Lent


Image result for images of lent
 
 
 
 

Easter this year is on April 21st. That means that

Lent, which is the forty-day time period that

precedes Easter, is from March 6th, Ash

Wednesday, through Thursday, April 18th, Holy

Thursday.

Observing Lent involves fasting, which means

“abstaining from.”

The six Sundays in Lent were not included in the

40 days because in the early church Sundays were

“days of feast.” In the spirit of Lenten fasting and

feasting, I offer this set of practices.

I fast from judging others. I feast on beholding

God in them.

I fast from bitterness. I feast on forgiveness.

I fast from discontent. I feast on gratitude.

I fast from anger. I feast on patience.

I fast from worry. I feast on divine order.

I fast from complaining. I feast on appreciation.

I fast from hostility. I feast on nonresistance.

I fast from anxiety. I feast on eternal Truth.

I fast from problems that overwhelm. I feast on

the power of prayer.
 
from writings by Brian Walker

No comments:

Post a Comment