Saturday, April 22, 2017

The Hallway



You know the saying that when one door closes, another opens. I once heard someone say “Yeah, but it’s the hallway in between that’s insufferable.”
I envision a long hall lined with closed doors on each side. I see myself pushing and pulling on each door, twisting the handle back and forth and trying to force the door open. I realize that I focus so much on getting my own way that I fail to see the door that stands ajar waiting for me to walk through. My own self-will becomes more important than the will of the Divine. Every time I try to force the Universe to do my bidding, I can’t see how Spirit really works in my life.
Using the hallway as a metaphor, when I step back, take a deep breath and observe my surroundings, I see a glimmer coming from behind one of the closed doors and realize that the door of opportunity will soon open for me. I just need the patience and fortitude to do the next indicated thing and allow the door to open when I am ready for what awaits.

No comments:

Post a Comment