Monday, July 5, 2021

July 4th Holiday


 I spent the July 4th Holiday at my daughter's BBQ. It was nice to be able to socialize with others without wearing a mask. Everyone there has been fully vaccinated. 

I reminisced about the same holiday at the Central Coast for the years I lived in Pismo Beach. At 10AM, the day started with the parade down Grand Ave. in Grover Beach. I watched for my friend Shirley and the red hatters and gave them a big wave.

Then to the free concert at the bandstand in Heritage Park, Arroyo Grande from 1-3 PM where I met old friends and made new friends. Vendors sold food and souvenirs from booths adjacent to the bandstand.

I'd cap off the day with a BBQ pot luck at Chris' lovely home up on the mesa followed by the fireworks off the end of the Pismo Beach pier.

I miss it all.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment