Thursday, July 18, 2019

The Knots "Nots" Prayer

Sailor, Sailor'S Knot, Rope, Dew, Knot
The Knots "Nots" Prayer 
 
Untie the knots in my mind, my heart and my soul
Remove the "have nots" the "can nots" and the
"do nots"
that are planted in and running through my mind.
Tied like knots to voices of pride, embarrassment,
or failure.
Erase those "will nots," "may nots," and "might nots"
That have found a home in my heart.
Release the "could nots," "would nots," and "should nots"  that darken my soul.
Please remove from my mind, my heart and my soul
all the "I am nots" that have frozen me in my life.
Especially all the knots that are tied around the theme  
"I am not good enough!"
Open my heart, my very being to shout out
"I am OK as I am."
These are my knots.
 
by Bill Degnan 7/2019


1 comment:

  1. Love the poem Mary. Thank Bill D. for me! Love you, Judy G.

    ReplyDelete