Sunday, June 23, 2019

Birthdays



Today dear Lord I am 80 and there’s much I haven’t done.

I hope dear Lord you’ll let me live until I’m 81.

But then if I haven’t finished all I want to do,

Would you let me stay a while – until I’m 82?

So many places I want to go, so very much to see,

Do you tjink you could manage to make it 83?

The world is changing very fast, there’s so much more in store,

I’d like it very much to live “til I’m 84.

And if by then I’m still alive,

I’d like to stay ‘til 85.

More planes will be in the air and I’d really like to fix

My eyes aloft and see what happens when I’m 86.

I know dear Lord it’s much to ask and it must be nice in heaven,

But I’d really like to stick around until I’m 87.

I know by then I won’t be fast and sometimes will be late,

But it would be oh so pleasant to be around at 88.

I will have seen so many things and had a wonderful time,

So I’m sure that I’ll be willing to leave at 89.---

Maybe!
--Author unknown



No comments:

Post a Comment