Saturday, June 17, 2017

Prissy



Through the years I’ve often thought of getting a dog. At first I put it off because of my work schedule; then I put it off because of my frequent travel plans. It wouldn’t be fair to leave a dog for long periods of time. 
In 2010, I decided the time had come for a dog.
I poured over shelter web sites from Santa Barbara to Bakersfield. I had specific requirements. I have allergies so I need a non-shedding dog. I don’t want a puppy, I haven’t the patience or energy to train a pup. I live in a small house so no large dog. None of the shelters had a dog to match my wants. Where could I find my ideal? I lamented. A friend suggested trying Craig’s List. I had never thought of that.
That very day I went on line to Craig’s List and there she was. A 5-6 year old mini poodle, spayed, all shots up to date, fully trained and lovable. Her former owner could no longer care for her because of ill health. The foster mother brought her to my house the next day. Prissy climbed onto my lap and ran her tongue across my mouth. She knew she had found her forever home.


2 comments:

  1. Mary, I'm so glad you found your perfect doggie. I found our dog, Xena, on Craigslist, too, after searching all local shelters from here to SB and Bakersfield. Your Prissy looks really sweet. Thanks for sharing your positive story. Happy Mothers Day, Love, Dorothy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope to follow in your footsteps Mary. Thanks for the Craigslist vs shelter tip!

    ReplyDelete